Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Open your eyes, oh brother
I wish to see your iris' color
and touch your face
and feel how ours are the same'

I know they hold your body oh so steady
while you lay oh so still

I know it's on your heart to see your loved ones
and God provide, I hope to see you too
So open your eyes and come up off that bed
and out of the room that binds you in solitude
I know that in either heaven or on earth
You'll walk again! You'll walk again!

Know that I do not fear for you
Your name is engrained in heaven's tablet
And if you never see the sun again
The Son you'll see will take you in

When all the bones in your body are aligned again
When the cheeks on your face reveal the smile I could never forget
We'll raise our glasses and give thanks for what we're given
We will both leave this world behind
We will go home, go when we die
But brother if you don't open your eyes
You may go home much sooner than I

No comments:

Post a Comment