Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pathos

I am thinking about writing an ep, and possibly calling it "pathos." Here's something one would find there:


I made a wooden heart
and painted it all your favorite colors
then replaced it with my own
but it was never what you wanted
and it never felt like home

Then everything I used to love was bound and locked away
and I did my best to ensure never seeing it again
But I have eyes that wander
  
You wouldn't have me at my best
and all of the words you said they haunt my dreams
they fill my head
You wouldn't open up your heart
and I prayed to God, "what is this for?"
and "will this door ever be opened?"

I made a wooden ship
and sailed it through many stormy waters
trying to find a place called home
but there were holes in the bottom 
and you never told me they were there

Then everything I used to love slowly slipped away
and sank to the bottom of the sea in a crevice dark and deep
I'm too afraid to save them

I swear you let me sink
You turned your cheek to the sound
of my cries and my pleas
begging, "oh, come save me, all I want is you!"
but you wouldn't have me at my best
and I tried to pass a test that was never there
the things I made were all in vein
you never cared



No comments:

Post a Comment